Sophisticated facilities for testing all the latest in-cab equipment
Off-road machines are often called on to perform complex tasks to a very high standard with outstanding reliability. The complexity of in-cab systems is increasing all the time and these systems need to be tested to ensure they meet the demanding requirements for use in off-road machines.
- a huge range of tests are used to validate the durability of interior systems, from simple vibration and environmental testing, key-life testing (using combined environmental inputs, functional inputs and vibration) to full robot systems for seat testing
- CSA Group supports the OEMs and also Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers, covering every detail, right down to materials tests on individual components for wear, discolouration, flamability, etc.
- heating and ventilation performance - defrost/demist testing to international requirements together with temperature profiling within the cab under extremes of hot and cold climate
- seat comfort - assessment of comfort through the use of subjective assessment, seat pressure mapping and vibration isolation (SEAT Index) as well as assessment of whole body and hand-arm vibration levels
- ergonomics - assessment by expert commercial vehicle engineers
- squeak and rattle - assessment of individual components and complete systems, often at intervals through a durability cycle
- acoustic performance of materials, seals and grommets